System Administrator – responsible for support and maintenance of computer systems and overall IT infrastructure.
My goal is to provide excellent service and support for the Windows infrastructure and user community. My skill set as a System Administrator make me a very qualified consultant.
Skill Set and training:
• Deploying Windows 2019 server to virtual machine on Hypervisor ESXI 6.0 to support application development in Hybrid cloud environment
• Manage Microsoft Office 365, upgrade, and deploy web applications in conjecture with web presence on Azure cloud. Working on Microsoft 365 certified Teamwork administrator certification
• Masters in Information Technology candidate Phoenix University
- Telecommunication and wide area networks
- web applications
- server and storage architecture
- regulatory and complaince
- Manage Windows Infrastructure, Active Directory, Exchange, and Office 365.
- Provided user support utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, and performed PC network backups.
- Managed corporate security including Anti-virus, spam protection and virus removal.
- Implemented corporate wide Virtual Private Network and Remote access policies.
- Ensured secure remote access to ERP system.
- Managed Wide area network including configuration of Firewall, VLAN, and switches.
- Managed physical and virtual servers utilizing Hyper V and VMWare.
- Maintained corporate web site utilizing web technologies including HTML.
- Managed Microsoft SQL server data environment and corporate ERP system.
- Provide user training and support for staff: ERP, Mobile, SharePoint, and Microsoft office suite.
- Worked with customers and vendors to ensure all projects are completed on time within budget.
- Evaluated and recommended new technologies and business process, while staying current with emerging technologies.
- Managed Apple Mac, iPad, and iPhone deployments, and provided support for MAC users and MAC OS.
• Warehouse and logistics management UPS
• Sports officiating and management
• Customer acquisition strategies
• Develop branding and SEO strategies
• routing and switch deployment. Upgrade and configure switch and router configurations to improve layered network security. Studying for Cisco CCNA
• Update Technology infrastructure form Windows AD 2008/2012 to 2016.
• Deploy Windows 2016 virtual servers on VMware Hypervisor EXSI 6.5 bare metal hosts.
• Update email server to MS Exchange 2016
• Manage Windows 2016 core server installation with Windows Admin Console
• Migrate virtual machines to new VMware ESXI host
• Update Azure AD to provide authentication for Office 365
• Manage Amazon seller storefront JB Enterprises
• Build Air Gap Network for high profile client pertaining to DOD, utilized VMware ESXI 6.7 to build redundant virtual hosts and managed and deployed virtual environment utilizing VCenter Standard
• Convert physical server 2012 to virtual machine on Hypervisor ESXI
• Security architecture, design, deployment, assessment and review Network security. Studying for CISSP
Partners Healthcare Sommerville Ma 02145
System Administrator March 2018 – July 30, 2018
• Support of email functionality on Outlook 2016, OWA and Mobile devices
• Support for email archiving, Windows 7, Windows 10, system migrations, and support ticketing
• Provide end user support for Outlook functionality such as issues with performance, Out of Office settings, search functionality, mailbox cleanup and data restores
• Create and process new employee mailbox accounts, group mailboxes, distribution groups and new email addresses
• Support Outlook and MS Office Service Now queue; troubleshoot and resolve user’s logged issues within established turnaround time.
• Provide end user support for access to email, lists, public folders or group mailboxes.
• Advise new user of computer outlook policies and use when applicable. Educate and assist all levels of staff
• Provide quality customer service and serve as an exemplary representative of Partners Information Systems. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers/peers are essential.
AddGene Inc Cambridge Ma 02139
Senior System Administrator: November 1 2016 – September 20 2017
Server infrastructure Management
• Designed and managed Windows infrastructure including server and client deployments (physical / virtual). Managed Active Directory, user permission, and file directory access.
• Managed users via Group Policy, implemented Network security policy including Acceptable Use, Security Incident Response, Penetration testing procedures and Anti-virus patch management.
• Managed Windows Servers 2012 R2 including licensing compliance, VOIP Cloud Telecommunication Service, SAAS Applications: Gmail, Drive, Sites, Drobox, Slack, Trello, and LastPass.
• Manage Disaster Recovery policies: Datto back up infrastructure, implemented Disaster Recovery procedures including file recovery.
• Managed and supported Office printers, scanner, copiers, fax, and audio and video equipment.
• Managed help desk support including ticket escalation and ticket resolution.
• Managed user remote access to corporate systems.
• Managed process of System and Hardware Procurement including hardware refresh of desktops, servers, and networking equipment
• Reviewed and update Network Topology and maintained technical documentation for environment.
• Managed WAN dark fiber to internet, Firewall, Routers, DNS, DHCP, and VPN servers.
• SonicWall Management – TZ 220, developed Analyzer reporting platform.
• WAN Management – Manage and upgrade dark fiber and disaster recovery fail over.
• Router Management – Dell Power-connect 2848, DELL POE N2000, utilizing Dell Open Manager.
Eastern Industrial Automation, Waltham Ma 02452
Network and System Administrator: February 16 1998 – July 29 2016
• Design and Managed Windows infrastructure including Exchange and Active Directory.
• Managed, documented and supported the operation of IT ensuring security and compliance.
• Provided technical support and escalation point for 150 + users (US and Global) utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, and performed PC network backups, managed mobile phones and peripherals.
• Managed, tested and troubleshoot LAN, WLAN, and WAN connectivity including configuration of SonicWall Firewall, VLAN, and Cisco switches. Managed and supported VOIP phone system.
• Managed Windows Server 2012, 10, 7 and Desktop applications and supported Office 365 Exchange, Office 2013, Microsoft SQL server data environment and corporate ERP system.
• Implemented WAN infrastructure and security policies, acceptable use standards, and maintained required documentation and inventoried IT assets. Proficient with HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
• Managed physical and virtual servers, creating VM’s utilizing, VMWare ESX and Hyper V virtual infrastructure. Managed SAN (NFS, iSCSI) based on data requirements and VM back up requirements.
• Designed and Administered Active Directory including user accounts and permission management.
• Managed security including OS deployment, patch management, and virus/malware removal.
• Implemented corporate wide Virtual Private Network and Remote access policies while maintaining and troubleshooting desktop PCs and server issues. Ensured secure remote access to ERP system.
• Managed, maintained, troubleshoot and supported Mitel VOIP Unified communication phone system.
• Managed installed and supported networks including configuration of VLAN, ACLs, and routing.
• Worked independently to complete all tasks and technical projects on time within budget.
• Managed SQL server 2012, SharePoint 2012, wh
Microsoft Certified System Administrator (M.C.S.A)